Quotes on Happiness - Episode 1

"Happiness is
Surviving Your Birth"
- Oza Meilleur


I thought I'd start my quest for happiness with my very own selection of personal, homemade, Quotes on Happiness. I mean, why quote some long-gone dead person when you can quote yourself and be proud of it?! Just the process of looking over your shoulder to find the experiences in your past that have brought you happiness is enough to make you smile, so why not give it a try? Here goes...


I was born on
August 16, 1950, at ten past nine in the morning. It was a Wednesday, and the sun shone bright outside the Verdun General Hospital. I didn't realize at that very moment how happy I was, because Doctor Hamel had just yanked me out of my mother's womb with his shiny, cold forceps, scaring the daylights out of me, and probably out of my mother too if she hadn't been knocked out from the gas and exhausted from the long ordeal.

All in all, it was a happy day indeed...I was alive!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are indeed~Awesome~~
Love Your writings...
Keep spreading the Joy..
Love You,
Charlotte

Len Edgerly said...

I was born 14 days after you, on August 30, 1950. I'm sampling your wildly creative blog after getting hooked by your happy Tweet 4 minutes ago. This is why I love Twitter. It sends me on foolish little random trails into the infinite fascination of my fellows. I love having been born in 1950, because for a numbers-challenged guy like me, it's so easy to calculate how old I am! :-)

MBerry said...

Oza: Love the blog! Though I was born 16 years after you, I was a forceps baby as well. The main difference is my doctor gave me a pointy head, something my wife likes to refer to every now and again ;-)

Stay happy, Marc

Oza Meilleur said...

Hi Charlotte!

Thanks for the sweet words...love you too...lots!

Big hugs xoxo

Oza Meilleur said...

Hi Len!

Baby boomers ROCK! Nice to meet you...and yeah, 1950 makes it that much easier to keep count. LOL

Well, mon ami, see you on Twitter. And drop by any time for a Happiness Fix.

Hugs xoxo

Oza Meilleur said...

Hi Marc!

Pointy head? Were you in that movie with Dan Akroyd..."Coneheads ?" Okay, bad joke...sorry about your head. Hey, but you've got a loving wife, so all is not bad, right?

Still, I wish they'd find another way of yanking us out of there. Nice to know you survived. :o)

Hugs xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Mudd, as You know today is my Son's 38th birthday~~~He was a forceps Baby also~~He also had a broken bone in His calf, and a black eye...and His Newborn Hospital Picture, shows His black eye, and He had His Fist up near His head~~With a Don't You come near Me again Doc, look....He was a month premature, and just had not turned yet...
Just had dinner out with Him and Lona, They said Hi, as We passed a Mountain Mudd Coffee Kiosk, and They asked How Is Mudd....
Love You, Charlotte

Oza Meilleur said...

Oh Charlotte...what a traumatizing way to start a life. Good thing is, he's alive and well and totally good looking! (He gets that from his mom...oh yeah!)

Glad you had a nice dinner out...wish I could have been with you guys to celebrate. Mountain Mudd, huh? I LOVE IT!

Tell them I say hi right back at them...and send them hugs and loads of love.

More hugs to you too...xoxo